Joe's Tech Support Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The best official forums for tech support.

How to change your website url name free

Admin
    Admin

How to change your website url name free Empty How to change your website url name free

Post  Admin Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:33 pm

This is super easy i mean even a caveman can do it..
    what this tutorial teaches is how to change the url of your website to a .tk domain so for instance if i where to insert this site's url which is

techsupport.forumotion.net

and i insert it into the website and change it a little it will eventually come out as

techsupport.tk depending on if that url is taken or not.. now keep in mind that alot of people do this with their website so its gonna be a little difficult to get the desired url name... and you might have to keep trying...

but read the tutorial below to get step-by-step instructions on how to do this and how to edit your website when you do do this...

1. first, you need a website (if you already have a webstie skip this step and go on to step 2.) ok first since you dont have a website, go to google.com or your default search engine and look for free website builder i recommend http://www.webs.com/

2. Now that you have a website, all you gotta do is go to http://www.dot.tk/ and go to the home page, it will then tell you to insert your url.. do it and then it will show you what it came out as, it will usually be something random like VBAJAJDJE.Tk you can go to that bar and edit it to whatever you want and of course its a .tk site.. ok now that you have done that read step 3..

3. This step involves you editing your website now that its a .tk website.. well you can still edit the same way you did when you made the website... and the same url will work on the site.. so say i made this site a .tk domain, techsupport.forumotion.net would still work and seeing as this is a fourmotion forum i can still go to techsupport.forumotion.net and edit this or i could login with techsupport.tk it would still work that way but something like wix or webs you would have to login to webs/wix and edit the site, and all edits will appear on the .tk domain of your site... enjoy..

for any questions go to the contact us forum to contact me and i will get back to you as soon as i can..

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:10 am